Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Request For Response. ( Yeah. My 50th Post! )

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/opinion/sunday/saving-young-people-from-themselves.html?smid=pl-share&_r=0This is the link to an article called  "Saving Young people from themselves"

Through  this article it talks about retirement for young people. It says that we as young people will be worse off when we retire.  He states that if we do the same type of retirment plan as australia ( the superannuation plan ) that we would be better off as americans. meaning that it wouldnt just benefit the younger people but benefit americans over all. with the superannuation plan it would just take the retirment money right out of our annual pay along with taxes, which would profide 25 trillion dollars through investment assets. In my opinion that sounds like a really good idea for americans although we still have the national debt that we as the young millenials have to figure a way out to extinguish. I feel that this is a big problem and we as young people may not be able to live as well off senior citizens. to me the debt is a really big problem.

 This article kind of confused me. I am hopefully gonna be able to understand more of this financial conversation in class tomorow. I will be doing a follow up to this post about what i finally got to understand about the crisis this poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment